Saturday, January 3, 2009

Splicing links into your site feed

I love Feedburner.com's feature of being able to splice in links from other services to your own site's feed. But sometimes, I don't love it so much, especially when I'm not posting as much during the holiday lull and my feed starts to show an unbalanced proportion of spliced links. But I love it that Feedburner makes it so simple to deactivate the link splicing on a moment's notice. I'm just all love this holiday season, I tell you.

Here's how to set up link splicing:
  1. Log into your feedburner account
  2. Select your feed
  3. Go to the optimize tab
  4. Select Link Splicer from the left side link list
  5. Add your delicious, Furl, Bloglines, My Web 2.0, Digg, or ma.gnolia link service user id
  6. Select Splice links frequency
  7. Click the Activate button.
Deactivate the link splicing just as easily: Click the deactivate button.

No comments: