Monday, April 20, 2009

A fax? you seriously want a fax?

Just when I feel I've culled all the technophobes and Luddites from my life, I get blindsided by a request I can't refuse - a government request for a response by fax. Seriously, a fax? I hate faxes. They're nearly illegible and non-OCRable. I can't search the content via google desktop, like I can a pdf's content. And even though I've got the iMac set up to send and receive faxes, I network wirelessly so when I actually have to deal with a fax it involves tracking down a phone cord somewhere. So frustrating.

And so unnecessary. I found out recently from Momfluence that there is a great service available - Packetel’s Online Fax Service allows you to receive unlimited incoming faxes in your e-mail inbox for only $3.95 a month. This will suit me just fine (at least until my beloved Google Voice includes fax services).

Packtel is running a contest now, and 2 people will be eligible to win Packetel's service free for one year (entries are not just from my blog but from all participants, sorry this isn't an exclusive deal). To enter the contest, follow the instructions on the Packetel contest at Momfluence. The contest is open to all U.S. residents. The contest runs from Sunday, April 12th to Friday, May 1st. Two winners will be chosen by random number generator.

No comments: